1/48 Eduard Bf 109 E-3 Build Log Part 5 Final

In this final part I cover decalling and weathering, the decals behaved really well and went down into the details without much need for setting solution. I did find the film a little heavy and you can see it quite clearly once the flat coat was applied. I did also get a bit of silvering on the wings and this is probably due to not having a shiny enough surface, I did try a few new techniques with this build.

img_5651.jpgimg_5652.jpg

Once the decalling was finished I used a clear coat to seal them in then once dry I added a generous amount of Flory Wash Dark Dirt, this wash is clay based so it comes off very easily with a damp cloth. This helped the rivets and details show.

And the completed model….

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s